Chat access when one is eliminated

A place to discuss anything related to Art of War
Sargon

Chat access when one is eliminated

Postby Sargon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:48 am

I don't think players should have access to the game chat after they have been eliminated in games, or in games they do not belong in.

Eliminated team players would still be allowed to participate in team chats.

Thoughts?

Sargon

e_i_pi

Re: Chat access when one is eliminated

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:27 am

Any reason for this? I've always allowed public access to global chat in games

FIRE!

Postby FIRE! » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 pm

If you can only play 4 games at a time, and you get eliminated in the 3rd round, you should be able to follow what is happening in the game, because it is taking up one of your eligible spaces. Further, I think that after you get eliminated, the fog of war should be lifted, so people who have been eliminated can watch what happens. I know this is directed at me...some of these games last 2 months...I see it in my feed every day...I should be able to comment.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 pm

FIRE! wrote:If you can only play 4 games at a time, and you get eliminated in the 3rd round, you should be able to follow what is happening in the game, because it is taking up one of your eligible spaces.

Actually, you can only be in 4 active or recruiting games at a time. As soon as you're eliminated, you can join another game
Further, I think that after you get eliminated, the fog of war should be lifted, so people who have been eliminated can watch what happens. I know this is directed at me...some of these games last 2 months...I see it in my feed every day...I should be able to comment.

This I disagree with. Lifting fog of war would allow an eliminated teammate to communicate the enemies position to their existing teammates, which would be a very unfair advantage. I believe that eliminated players can still see their team's position on the board, and also engage in faction chat.

FIRE!

Postby FIRE! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:45 am

Good point...you could lift fog of war if you surrendered chat capabilities...one or the other.

Sargon

Postby Sargon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:28 pm

If you can only play 4 games at a time, and you get eliminated in the 3rd round, you should be able to follow what is happening in the game, because it is taking up one of your eligible spaces. Further, I think that after you get eliminated, the fog of war should be lifted, so people who have been eliminated can watch what happens. I know this is directed at me...some of these games last 2 months...I see it in my feed every day...I should be able to comment.

Fire - I didn't start this thread because of anything you said or did. The reasoning behind my post was that eliminated players should not have the opportunity to prod third parties or influence the game. For example, if faction one eliminates faction two, and faction two influences the game somehow by pointing things out or goading or whatever, like goading faction three or four into attacking faction one, that wouldn't be fair for faction one.

There's probably no way around this anyway, since PMs can be sent, although that would be more tedious.

My observation was simply a general one.

Sargon

Return to “General Discussion”