New secret mission Scenarios - feedback required!

A place to discuss anything related to Art of War
e_i_pi

New secret mission Scenarios - feedback required!

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to make new Scenarios on each of the following maps, with them having random secret missions. There will be one Scenario for each current Era (Classic, Classic*, Medieval):
    World Classic
    World Tribes
    South America
    USA
    Aegean Sea
I need to know what secret missions you would like to see. For instance, on World Classic, I'm thinking the following:
    Capture Europe and Australasia, and hold for 2 turns
    Capture Europe and South America, and hold for 2 turns
    Capture Asia, and hold for 3 turns
    Capture 24 territories
    etc etc
I'd love to hear your feedback on what you'd like to see for the secret missions. Please state the map it is for when you reply :)

Regards,
e_i_pi

owenshooter

Re: New secret mission Scenarios - feedback required!

Postby owenshooter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:52 am

that seems super-duper cool!! how will the missions be kept secret? just got the update email and looking forward to kicking some ass around here... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

e_i_pi

Re: New secret mission Scenarios - feedback required!

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:53 pm

When you open the Game Completion popup using the following right sidebar icon:
...then it will only show the mission for your faction, and all others will be hidden.

I'm looking to get the supporting code in for the 1.8 release (i.e. next release). In the meantime I can develop the Scenarios in preparation for release immediately after the code goes in. There should be a total of 10 new Scenarios going in:
    World Classic Secret Missions - Classic, Classic*, and Medieval
    World Tribes Secret Missions - Classic, Classic*, and Medieval
    USA Secret Missions - Classic and Classic*
    South America Secret Missions - Classic and Classic*
I'm still tossing up whether I want Medieval rules for USA and South America. I'd rather have two new eras called Golden Age (c1500-1700) and Colonial Era (c1750-1850). That will need me to get Troops ported across from the old code though, which precipitates a lot of development as I'll be overhauling it a great deal, and it will drastically affect all the game code.

After that I'll be looking at getting basic Domination Scenarios and Secret Mission Scenarios in for Aegean Sea, which is a big task as I need to create 50 new Empires each with new Icons. The Empires are drafted out in my documentation, but I've yet to create them in the system.

Return to “General Discussion”