[AoWWb-31] Make recruitment popup more friendly

User contributed suggestions that have been implemented on Art of War
e_i_pi

[AoWWb-31] Make recruitment popup more friendly

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:07 pm

The recruitment popup is a little dry at the moment, and the following observations have been made by players:
Whitebalance wrote:I found a game to join. Started choosing land aso, but I didn't see Accept. So it took quite a time and different games to understand what I was doing wrong.

Whitebalance wrote:When starrting a game I can't choose where to start the game on map, but I have to select under the fractions menu bar. I would like to choose spot from map that I see, by clicking on the spot..

So, the popup needs to be a bit friendlier aesthetically, replace the Accept button with some massive shield icon thingy I suppose, and also come up with a clicky maps function so that users can select empires by clicking on the map. That last part will be a little difficult, the first part will be dealt with during the new site layout migration.

ultrasplot

Re: Make recruitment popup more friendly

Postby ultrasplot » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 pm

I had this problem too. I think a fix of simply listing the territory name you will drop with alongside the Kingdom name would make it a lot easier for new players.
ex. Almoravid Dynasty (Tamesna)
or
Byzantine Greece (Hellas)

Also yeah, the accept button isn't very clear.

CatLord

Postby CatLord » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:54 am

Yea, I think some massive square shield icon button thing would work for the accept.

Also, while trying to make it so you can click on a place on the map to choose a starting spot, I think what Ultra suggested was a good idea (change the names of places to what they appear as on the map or vice versa). Either as an alternative or in the mean time.
The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.-Anon.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Alright, I'll have a good think about this one and get back to you guys with a solid idea that will work with existing code. Feel free to keep discussing the topic, this is a really important one, as it's a "first impressions" thing for the site, so it has to be right.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:48 am

Clicking on an empire in the pop-up now joins as that empire. Still need to have a function to minimise / maximise the pop-up and select via the map instead

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:39 pm

This is getting a major overhaul in the 1.3 release. Watch this space.

e_i_pi

Re: [AoWWb-31] Make recruitment popup more friendly

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:46 am

Implemented in the v1.4 minor release. Closing the record.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”