Medieval Eurasia v1 Discussion Thread

Discussion on Scenario Projects for Art of War
e_i_pi

Medieval Eurasia v1 Discussion Thread

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi all,

Don't get your hopes up prematurely, but I'm working on a new Scenario: Medieval Eurasia - Factional Domination. It's on a new map that nobody has seen yet (we have a few of those lying about), which spans from Southeast Asia to Spain, including all of Asia and Europe, as well as parts of Africa. There's a lot of work to do on it, and I mean a lot. As you may know, I don't have a great deal of time to work on the site nowadays, but I'm hoping to get this out some time in the next month or two. I have many icons to do, as well plan out starting troops and what not, so it's not a small task.

I'm toying with the idea of having crossover faction empires, not sure if that's possible in the code, but I think I catered for it when first developing the site. Basically, an empire like Denmark might be able to start as part of the faction Roman Catholic Church, or Vikings, it would be up to the player. I've got to test this pretty comprehensively, I wouldn't want certain factions be unable to fill because someone makes teams too big, because that would result in a stalled game.

Anyhow, here's the link to the project, I've pencilled in various empires though the ones with round icons will either have their icons updated, or have completely new playable empires (i.e. not just copied from the world map).

Project #663: Medieval Eurasia - Factional Domination

e_i_pi

Re: Medieval Eurasia v1 Discussion Thread

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:30 pm

I just checked, yes I included something called "Founding Empires", which means I can make say 4 empires "founding" for a faction, so they need to be chosen before additional (non-traditional) empires can join that faction. It is possible for me to create up to around 8-10 players per team games on this map without it being silly (e.g. Japan joining Roman Catholic Church)

nixie

Re: Medieval Eurasia v1 Discussion Thread

Postby nixie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 am

Map looks great, can't wait to get stuck into the first game :D.

Return to “Scenarios”