New release coming as soon as possible

News from the site administrators
e_i_pi

New release coming as soon as possible

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:13 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give a quick update, since there hasn't been code or content releases for months.

As you may or may not know, we've been hard at work migrating to the new server, which has completed and been a great success. Not only have we reduced costs, but the entire site speed has improved a great deal, returning pages in about 30% of the time from the previous hosts.

We have also been working on the email problem, which should be fixed for everyone except GMail users now. We're having trouble getting in contact with Google about that, but I'll try chasing it up again this week.

The next release will occur in two weeks time or so. It will several new features, including a Game Actions popup that shows the cost of each action, annex cost information on the territory information popup, a big overhaul to the game browser, and a raft of small bug fixes from new stuff that came in last release. It will also see about half of the site migrated to responsive design. The main area where you will see a difference on desktop is the game browser, which will become similar to the Netflix interface, if you're familiar with that. Mobile users will find the game browser much easier to manage, the scoreboard fit neatly on the screen, and the surrounding borders on the page collapse back a little to give more screen space. The game screen itself will still take a while to convert over, mainly because the popups don't use the screen space efficiently, so you'll have to wait until the release after next for that. Once that's done, that paves the way for the proof of concept mobile app, which should see a relatively big influx of new players.

Also, the shop is currently offline due to us moving servers and not taking the SSL certificate with us. We're looking into getting a new SSL certificate, but we need to shop around a bit to make sure we use a reliable and cost-effective provider. Until then, if your premium is expiring and you want to renew, message me or respond in this thread, and I'll forward you the PayPal details so we can manage it manually.

Regards,
e_i_pi

e_i_pi

Re: New release coming as soon as possible

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:16 pm

All slated development items for release 1.8 are done with the exception of a couple of small "mobile ready" configuration items I'm sneaking in at the end. I expect the 1.8 release to occur sometime in the next 48 hours, though will delay it until next weekend if I'm not satisfied with the test results.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Testing is completed successfully, but I haven't got time to push the new release out tonight. It'll probably go out sometime during the week instead.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:58 am

e_i_pi wrote:We have also been working on the email problem, which should be fixed for everyone except GMail users now. We're having trouble getting in contact with Google about that, but I'll try chasing it up again this week.

This should now be completely resolved. I've been working hard on getting the email server compliant with RFCs and other standards, as well as ensuring all configuration items are in place. I've tested everything through multiple platforms, and it looks like it's 100% compliant. Emails are now receiving "PASS" values for SPF, DKIM, and DMARC in GMail, which is a significant improvement. Multiple test emails have been sent from the site to test accounts, and all have gotten through.

nixie

Postby nixie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:15 pm

Strangely I've found the opposite over the last few days. Emails are now ending up in my junk folder. I have noticed that the sender has changed from to your personal AoW email address.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:08 am

That was me testing, they should be coming from artofwar at artofwar dot cc now, with proper deliverability. If not, could you save the email as a file and mail it to me?

nixie

Postby nixie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Looking ok now :)

Return to “Announcements”