IMPORTANT: Migration underway

News from the site administrators
e_i_pi

IMPORTANT: Migration underway

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:14 am

Hi all,

This is an important message to notify everyone that migration to new servers is underway. The first step has been completed, which is migrating the database over. You may notice that the site is a little slower (maybe 1-3 seconds per request), as the database server is geographically more distant now. Ping to that server from the web server is about 30ms, but because multiple database requests are made per call, this can blow out to 1-3s.

Over the next couple of days, we will be migrating the web server. As the database server is already migrated, there should be little to no interruption to service during this time. The only interruption will occur while we fine-tune the configuration of the new web server. I can assure everyone that the new server is much faster than the current server, and we have a solid pathway to giving the server more "grunt" if we need to.

While the migration is underway, turns are being extended to 72 hours, to ensure that any interruption does not result in players missing turns. Hope you all have a great holiday period, message me if you have any problems, post on twitter at @artofwar_cc.

Regards,
e_i_pi

e_i_pi

Re: IMPORTANT: Migration underway

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Migration has completed and been tested successfully by myself. There were a couple of small configuration issues that would have stymied some folks, but it should all be good now. The server is miles faster too, hopefully you enjoy the newfound speed as much as I do :)

stevendash

Re: IMPORTANT: Migration underway

Postby stevendash » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Just tested the site, its way faster.

Return to “Announcements”