Site redesign

News from the site administrators
redsharkk

Re: Site redesign

Postby redsharkk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:43 pm

I like it. Always have liked the site design of Art of War, can only get better right? :D

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:18 pm

A screenshot of the new game page layout, to wet your tastebuds ;)

The blank area up the top will be a scroll with general game information, and clicking on it will roll the scroll down for detailed information. The blank area down the bottom will be the game log scroll, with the blank bits to the side of the social media buttons being notifications that there are new global/team messages. The buttons around the outside will be various action and information buttons. Still a fair way to go, but the design is there, so now it's mostly just coding yay.

stevendash

Postby stevendash » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Looks awesome. The location and look of the buttons is perfect.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Just finished styling on the buttons, flyout functionality on the scrolls, and embedding the game log.

The resolution below is what you'll see on a 1024x768 screen, which is the lowest resolution we'll be supporting. Still, everything seems to fit in quite nicely.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:50 pm

New site design got released today as v1.0.0. From now on, releases will have version numbers rather than change log numbers.

If you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in the forums. There is automatic bug logging, so I will pick the bugs up as they occur, but any background information that players can provide is much appreciated when trying to reproduce the issue.

Whitebalance

Postby Whitebalance » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:34 pm

No log in windows: password/username front page?
My 1920 resolution has the scrolldown menus (like "Games" top left) are quite small. I would prefer bigger.
Create game is too low while creating game.
The choosing of start nation is misunderstanding. When you choose your nation the window stays up or has a attitude that you should push something more, not just go away from the page. It's confusing I think it was same before and also then I was confused by the way it stayed up.
Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.
W. L. George

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Whitebalance wrote:No log in windows: password/username front page?
My 1920 resolution has the scrolldown menus (like "Games" top left) are quite small. I would prefer bigger.
The choosing of start nation is misunderstanding. When you choose your nation the window stays up or has a attitude that you should push something more, not just go away from the page. It's confusing I think it was same before and also then I was confused by the way it stayed up.

All of these are easy enough to fix, I'll see if I can fit them in this weekend as a hotfix.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:00 am

Whitebalance wrote:No log in windows: password/username front page?

Alright, I've added all these in as suggestions. The create game one might take a little while as I have to run diagnostics on the process, but the others should be in quick enough.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 pm

They're all in now. I couldn't improve the create games times a great deal, explanation is given in the implemented suggestion thread.

Whitebalance

Postby Whitebalance » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks ;).

We misspoken. In "Create Games" I meant that the button "Create Game" is too low and hits the window frame for my 1920 resolution. So it is covered in the middle with FB "like" "Follow" Twittter "Tweet" "Follow".
Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.
W. L. George

Return to “Announcements”