NEW: Scoreboard

News from the site administrators
e_i_pi

NEW: Scoreboard

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 am

I've added a basic scoreboard so that everyone can see their scores. As the site grows over the next few months I'll make enhancements to the scoreboard, primarily filtering and sorting, possibly pagination as well depending on how large it gets. Later on I will be adding Ranks, Merits and Medals, which will make the competitive experience much better. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to voice them.

redsharkk

Re: NEW: Scoreboard

Postby redsharkk » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:25 pm

First, I wanna say the new site works great! Is they're going to be a chat tab in games eventually? I do like interacting with other players.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Yes, there will be chat soon. Here's my current list of priority work to do:
  1. Make some data repairs to Medieval Era
  2. Extra info in the Game Browser and Game Info Popup, add 4-12 new scenarios for the current maps, add 2 scenarios for The Crusades map utilising Medieval Era
  3. Add Icons and Empires for ancient Greece, 4 new Scenarios based on the Aegean Sea map, develop Emailer Tool, send out emails to the current 4000 members to get the community up and running
  4. Game Log private chats, Fog of War, refactor game model for better code management
  5. Bonus Cards
  6. Transfer Asset code, fix the Game Refresh code so that it refreshes the game screen when the game state has changed
  7. Code new framework registers for better customisation of error handling
There's probably about 2 weeks work there, depending on a few factors. The game log chat stuff should be coded up in about a week's time, but there's other stuff that's more important in the short term.

willco66

Postby willco66 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 am

redsharkk wrote:First, I wanna say the new site works great! Is they're going to be a chat tab in games eventually? I do like interacting with other players.

view log has a chat feature.

Also, I like how I'm number 1 on the scoreboard, although I don't know how long that will last.

Trashcan

Postby Trashcan » Mon May 19, 2014 9:32 am

Heh, Im waiting for that 40 ish player game to fill up and end... Tempted to join for a crack at the 400+? points that will put anyone at number one lol Btw how is scoring done? Elo?

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Mon May 19, 2014 8:25 pm

It's ELO at the moment, but when I get round to it there will be a merits system that will be far more accurate and fair than ELO. I'll reveal the details once it's in, but it will be at least 3-4 months before I consider it - there's bigger fish to fry right now :)

redsharkk

Postby redsharkk » Tue May 20, 2014 10:13 am

Yeah that 40 person game will be ready to go like 4 months from now haha

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Tue May 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Maybe not... as soon as I get a chance I'm doing marketing on about 100 board game forums I've found around the net. If we even get 5 players from each forum, that will be 500 new players.

Return to “Announcements”