Emails being turned off

News from the site administrators
e_i_pi

Emails being turned off

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:00 am

I'll be turning off outgoing emails on the site, due to Microsoft again black-listing artofwar.cc domain from sending emails. I've noticed that the number of rejected emails has jumped from 1-2 each week up to around 60 a week. If the site keeps sending emails, it will get black-listed further, which will affect other (non-AoW) emails hosted on the domain.

I'm very sorry about the inconvenience, but I can't go through another 1-3 months of fighting with Microsoft over the legitimacy of artofwar.cc sending emails notifying people of their turns.

Shadokin

Re: Emails being turned off

Postby Shadokin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:15 am

No problem Eipe; with 24 hour turn times, getting an email notification that it's your turn is a convenience, but one I think we can easily do without.

nixie

Postby nixie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 pm

e_i_pi is there any other notification method you could easily do? Maybe a per player rss feed. Or an API that could be queried. Pretty sure I could wire up something on IFTTT or similar if that data was available.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:16 am

I mean, it's possible. If you're willing to spin something up in IFTTT, I'm happy to coordinate with you and expose an API end point. PM me with your idea and we'll get cracking

Return to “Announcements”