Be wary of teams with bauss7

A place to discuss anything related to Art of War
Trashcan

Be wary of teams with bauss7

Postby Trashcan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Be careful joining bauss7's team. In game #203 he is attacking ONLY his team members without warning. This is the first game I have seen it, but any game I see bauss7 playing in the future I will attack them relentlessly unless game #203 is won by faction 2. Needless to say I will NOT join a team that bauss7 is on are on.

Not to be mean, but I dont like when games are thrown. I will also not blame the other team for an inside man....

redsharkk

Re: Be wary of teams with bauss7

Postby redsharkk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Oh great...

CatLord

Postby CatLord » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:31 am

Yeah...not fun when you're losing troops to both the enemy team and your own teammate :x
The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.-Anon.

Whitebalance

Postby Whitebalance » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:12 am

Can't understand how he can attack only you. Probably then he can't attack the other side. Something is messed up in the game engine then.
Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.
W. L. George

Trashcan

Postby Trashcan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 am

Whitebalance wrote:Can't understand how he can attack only you. Probably then he can't attack the other side. Something is messed up in the game engine then.

I dont believe the word choice of "CAN only attack [us]" should be used. It seems of free will that they are attacking their own faction mates...

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:00 am

It's a game option that needs to be ticked when starting a game. It's there to allow you to take out your teammate if they're doomed anyway, and you don't want their cash and assets falling into enemy hands. I can always remain 've it as an option, but I prefer it to be there.

Trashcan

Postby Trashcan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 pm

e_i_pi wrote:It's a game option that needs to be ticked when starting a game. It's there to allow you to take out your teammate if they're doomed anyway, and you don't want their cash and assets falling into enemy hands. I can always remain 've it as an option, but I prefer it to be there.

In this game(203) it appears to be sabotage. They have been able to attack the enemy every turn, but instead choose to attack their ally's.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Well I'm open to discussion on solutions. Other sites have it so that you can foe people so they can't join your games but that is open to abuse.We could put in teammate ratings to help, maybe put in an option in the create game screen for team games so you can only join if your rating is high enough. There's a few other things that spring to mind but I'd like to hear what others think

Trashcan

Postby Trashcan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:57 am

e_i_pi wrote:Well I'm open to discussion on solutions. Other sites have it so that you can foe people so they can't join your games but that is open to abuse.We could put in teammate ratings to help, maybe put in an option in the create game screen for team games so you can only join if your rating is high enough. There's a few other things that spring to mind but I'd like to hear what others think

The rating idea is actually kind of neat. For other purposes, like making a game with higher level players. I like playing with everyone but once in a while a game with the top competitors is fun. Oooh or an event like a championship :D

I also think the traitor in a team is probably rare and I was just upset at losing to something quite unfair. I dont think any solution really needs to be implemented. Except calling them out in the forums :evil:

CatLord

Postby CatLord » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:24 am

I think calling them out on the forums is sufficient as well. I mean it IS an option in game. I've just never considered it since it's no good to you to take out your teammate (if your team loses, you lose. And if they take you out and manage to win, you all still win! lol), unless it's as you say e_i_pi and you want to keep a deadbeat teammates resources for the team.

On the other hand, a competition sounds AWESOME!

And rankings would be a cool factor to include in the team games. Like maybe you rate your teammates after a game. The only thing here is how you increase your ranking if you fall too low? Unless it's an optional thing like a slider to determine the min ranking and you can set it for zero.
The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.-Anon.

Return to “General Discussion”