Release Date: 20151003
This is a pre-release to the v1.7 release, and contains some important changes that will positively affect site speed and emails. I've released it early as I wanted to monitor the new email code separately from other code going out with 1.7, to ensure that any bugs with this code are fixed very quickly.
Major improvements here are:
- "Click me" links on emails now jump to the game and log you in, so you can go straight from email to playing
- You can now unsubscribe from emails by clicking an unsubscribe link in the email
- Various speed improvements on the game page
- Moved all shared work to cron jobs, which will improve site performance as a whole
- Fixed a bug in the win condition check for the number of zones a faction holds.
Fixed a bug in the displayed tick/cross images in the User Profile page when viewing someone elses profile.
[AoWWb-124] Fixed an issue with the popup size of the Icon Picker, which is used in projects.
- [AoWWb-126] Added unsubscribe links to all outgoing mail.
[AoWWb-126] Added OpenSSL encryption to cater for unsubscribe links in emails.
[AoWWb-126] Added an Unsubscribe page for unsubscribe links to point to.
[AoWWb-125] Added an email queue processor, so that emails aren't necessarily sent immediately, but are instead queued up.
[AoWWb-125] Added a model for MailItemType.
[AoWWb-125] Added a model for Emails, so that all email database access in handled in the one class.
[AoWWb-121] Changed outgoing emails to include encrypted session information, so that clicking on a link to a game from an email automatically starts your session and allows you to play immediately.
Added PHPMailer to handle email operations.
Marginally improved performance of various regularly used in game functions.
[AoWWb-127] Moved all the shared work jobs to cron jobs, improving the round-trip time for all calls to the website.