1.3 Minor Release

Releases that are made to the site by the administrators
e_i_pi

1.3 Minor Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sat May 09, 2015 11:09 am

v1.3.0 Minor Release
Version: 1.3.0
Release Date: 20150509
Several nice new enhancements, including new scoreaboards, on-screen notification of new chat messages, removing your turn limit, and a final scores popup on finished games. I would have liked to get some more features in on the game page, and improve the recruitment popup, but some important stuff had to go in quickly to do with applying restrictions to players that break the rules. Unfortunate I know, but sometimes we have to do what is best, not what we want *sigh*

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug in the game data model that was causing some finished games to fail to generate the game data object properly.
    Fixed a duplicate key bug in the game faction model.
    [AoWWb-13] Fixed a bug in the recruitment model for set factions, where singles games in Aegean Sea meant you could join a faction as any empire, even if it wasn't founding.
    [AoWWb-38] Fixed a technical bug in the manifested version of MoveTroopsAfterCaptureTerritory
    [AoWWb-8]Changed the game screen so that it redirects back to the game page when you are the last player to join, fixing the problem of the log showing twice
    [AoWWb-40]Fixed a bug where players could exceed the 4 game limit by joining 4 regular games and 3 beginner games, for a total of 7 games
    Fixed a bug in the game browser model where finished games sometimes showed up in the My Turns search results
    [AoWWb-42]Fixed a bug where the whitespace of menu links wasn't clickable
    [AoWWb-44]Fixed a bug in the warning popup when joining as an Emprie that has just been joined by someone else.
    Fixed an issue with fulltext search, where numeric strings were not being indexed.
    Fixed CSS issue experienced in Firefox with the buttons on Game Browser rows.
    Fixed a display bug in the menu system when the menu item spilled over one line.

Code Rewrite
    [AoWWb-38] Updated all the current in game functions to tap into the new wrapper for AJAX functions in game
    [AoWWb-35] Moved locking from Games to Lock_Games
    [AoWWb-36] Moved query logging and method logging to Circle314 schema
    Removed a defunct FIXME in the involve user code.
    Removed a DisplayNone directive on the refresh button that was erroneously added recently.
    Added a Finished Game overlay, to mirror the technique used in Active Games.

Enhancements
    [AoWWb-27] Added in various new scoreboards - Full, Teams, Singles, Doubles, Triples and Quads
    [AoWWb-37] Changed game browser game buttons from jQuery click events to anchors, to help spiders crawl the site and improve search engine rankings
    [AoWWb-38] Updated the Active Game Overlay to cater for splash screens and manifested in game functions when navigated to directly and not through AJAX
    [AoWWb-6]Added a popup to the game screen when you fail to join as the last player because someone else beat you to it
    [AoWWb-22] Added ExtendTimer button to the Game Screen.
    [AoWWb-41] Enabled global chat in Fog of War games
    Added robots.txt to the support site
    [AoWWb-27]Added table sorting to the scoreboard
    [AoWWb-39]Added end of game scoreboard to finished games
    [AoWWb-26] Altered the game bar on the bottom, and the game log so that they automagically send auto-callbacks when the log window is open, and know when to display the pulsing "New Messages" text.
    [AoWWb-26] Added pulsing of new messages to the refresh game screen function.
    [AoWWb-47] Enhanced permissions to include banning functionality
    Added a Final Standings button to the Finished Game screen, so that the final standings popup can be toggled.
    Updated the email title image.

Required Features
    [AoWWb-38] Created a wrapper for the AJAX function for games
    [AoWWb-38] Created switches in the Active Game Overlay and RefreshQueuedActionPopups method to handle non-AJAX requests
    Added '460 Circle314_Redirect' as an HTTP status code to accommodate game page redirects
    [AoWWb-22] Added new contract GamePlayerCanExtendTimer.
    [AoWWb-22] Added new contract UserHasRole.
    [AoWWb-22] Added new Game Event ExtendTimer.
    [AoWWb-22] Added Extend Timer popup to the Active Game Overlay.
    [AoWWb-22] Added Extend Timer method to ActiveGameUI.
    [AoWWb-22] Added TimeRemainingThisTurn to game data object under ThisPlayer.
    [AoWWb-22] Added TimeRemainingThisPhase to game data object under General.
    [AoWWb-22] Updated Regular Player Achievement email to include note about Extend Timer function being available in Game Screen.
    [AoWWb-26] Added jquery.pulse plugin to accommodate pulsing text when new messages are available in the game screen.
    [AoWWb-26] Added new attributes to the ThisPlayer object in the game data object, to determine whether the player has new messages available in team or global chat.
    [AoWWb-26] Added auto-callbacks to register when the global chat and team chat was last checked for the player.
    [AoWWb-26] Added a missing DBC check to the Final Scores popup.
    [AoWWb-26] Added auto-callback bootstrapping to the GameUI class for updating last checked times on global and team chat.
    [AoWWb-26] Added some smarts around the game log generator so that it can easily pick up the timestamp of the latest global and team chat messages.
    [AoWWb-26] Added a new method to get a game player by UserID and GameID.
    [AoWWb-26] Added update flags of global and team chat to the GameAJAX function.
    Updated the TOU to reflect the banning policy.
    Updated the promotional email to reflect the 1.3 email.

bartnlb

Re: 1.3 Minor Release

Postby bartnlb » Sun May 10, 2015 4:27 am

I seem to have no games where it is my turn according to the site, though i received mails that said it was my turn in games, if i clicked the games it seemed not to be my turn.???

update now since 19h36 i seem to have my turns visible again :) so i think the problem is fixed

e_i_pi

1.3.1 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 am

v1.3.1 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.1
Release Date: 20150511
Minor bug fix in email settings

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue with the canonicalisation of outgoing email addresses.

e_i_pi

1.3.2 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Tue May 12, 2015 7:39 pm

v1.3.2 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.2
Release Date: 20150512
Fixed bug AoWWb-52

Bug Fixes
    Added updates to the last checked times in the game log when posting a new message.

e_i_pi

1.3.3 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 am

v1.3.3 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.3
Release Date: 20150513
Minor enhancements and a bug fix

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug in Global Chat where non-players couldn't post in the chat window.

Enhancements
    Added the In Game Function Set to Finished Games, so that players can check territory info once a game finishes.
    Added functionality to allow failed DBC checks to always throw showstoppers, to help debugging.

e_i_pi

1.3.4 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sat May 16, 2015 10:05 am

v1.3.4 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.4
Release Date: 20150516
Minor bug fix for the territory spinner, and some improvements to the game data object to help development on the mobile app. This should be the last patch release for this version, v1.4 probably 3-4 weeks away.

Bug Fixes
    [AoWWb-63] Fixed a bug in the spinner, where it was not centering properly on USA map.

Code Rewrite
    [AoWWb-59] Hooked the Attack Territory code up to the new dimensions.

Enhancements
    [AoWWb-59] Added dimensions to various icons in the game data object.

e_i_pi

1.3.5 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 am

v1.3.5 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.5
Release Date: 20150518
If there's a surefire way to ensure another patch, just say that the previous patch was the last one...

Bug Fixes
    [AoWWb-58] Fixed a bug where the territory spinner wouldn't work on territories covered by Fog of War.

e_i_pi

1.3.6 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 am

v1.3.6 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.6
Release Date: 20150622
Quick pre-1.4 fix for the Attack Territory function. 1.4 will be released in a few days time, watch this space!

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an ordering bug in the Attack Territory function, which very rarely caused a mismatch in the line ups calculated by the browser and by the server, which prevented players from attacking.

e_i_pi

1.3.7 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:32 am

v1.3.7 Patch Release
Version: 1.3.7
Release Date: 20150623
Quick bug fix

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a display bug that came out of the Attack Territory changes made yesterday

Return to “Releases”