1.1 Minor Release

Releases that are made to the site by the administrators
e_i_pi

1.1 Minor Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:42 am

v1.1.0 Minor Release
Version: 1.1.0
Release Date: 20150314
The new minor release focuses on a complete overhaul of the security model, as well as bringing all the user role data into line with the new model. Another extremely important change in this version is the separation of players into 4 main types - Beginner, Regular, Premium and VIP. This couples with the three new games types - Beginner, Regular and Premium. Beginner players can create beginner games, and join 3 beginner and 1 regular game (max 3 games total). Regular players can create regular games, and join 4 regular and 1 beginner game (4 games total). Premium and VIP players can join and create unlimited regular and premium games. There are also some changes to regular player rights, notably that regular players can create 12 player games max, though they can still join 40+ player games that premium and VIP players create. On top of all this, there has been a small amount of tidying up in the user profile, notably the avatar shows, and your game types show as well. Enjoy!

Bug Fixes
    Removed a reference to an old CSS file from the forum headers.
    Fixed up a couple of bad DBC contract checks in Empire and Numerals Project code.
    User Profile now correctly displays the user's avatar.
    Fixed a bug in the role rights model.
    Updated the Recruiting Game model to allow players to change teams in a game they have already joined, but can no longer join due to game type restrictions.
    Removed some hacky code from the user model that determined the username colour, as this is now determined via the phpBB boundary class.
    Altered the home page login box to use HTML5 autofocus for the username field.
    Moved all Google Analytics scripting into the head element, in an attempt to fix the false positive bounce rate issue that started in v1.0.
    Fixed a bug in the phpBB utf_normalizer code that was causing showstoppers when called from AoW.

Code Rewrite
    Rewrote the faction slider code in the create game page to take into account the maximum player game a user can create.
    Large rewrite of the join game code to accommodate various valid edge cases when that occur when beginner players become regular or premium.
    Scoring code altered so that Beginner games don't get scored.
    Removed some defunct unlocking code from the GameUI.
    Restructured the Master Page code for better separation as well as integration with third party software, such as the forums.
    Removed the defunct Avatar class, which has been replaced with the phpBB user avatar boundary class.
    Separated the system user methods out into their own class.
    Updated the DBC in the GetGameSettings function.
    Hooked the log entry model into the new system user class, to remove the use of a magic variable.
    Updated the PHP syntax in the log model.
    Hooked the shop model into the user role model for account creation.
    Restructured the user model for better code management and role / group inclusion.
    Removed the background image inclusion in master pages, as it had the potential to mess up rendering of screen size on mobile and tablet devices.
    Removed some now defunct double- and triple-checking code in the account creation code, that would have been slowing down all site communication by a small amount.
    Removed some defunct Javascript files from the master page code.
    Removed the now defunct MainMenu XML file, which was used pre-v1.0.
    Streamlined the AoW coupling HTML in the phpBB forum HTML.

Enhancements
    Changed the "unlock" icon to be green.
    Updated Premium purchasing to include unlocking the Regular Player Achievement, and sending a private message of thanks.
    Altered the create game page to display how many of each game type a player has available.
    Users now unlock the Regular Player Achievement when they finish their first game.
    Added a mail icon to the User menu to show you when you have new private messages.
    Implemented an extensible solution for unlockable achievement code.
    Implemented better initialisation checking on the User object, so that bootstrapping the account is more streamlined.
    User account initialisation now includes creation of bot or beginner accounts, according to the user type.
    Added a class to improve database querying for available games to join.
    Added a database function that can parse CSV, so in statements can be paramaterised safely.
    Altered the game browser model code so that only available game types are displayed to the user.
    Altered the premium account creation code so that it automatically joins the player to the Premium Member group in phpBB.
    Factions area in the create game page now shows the maximum game size you can create.
    Added game type to the game browser search results.
    Augmented the menu link and item code to allow for custom icons to be rendered alongside the item description.
    Updated the user profile page to display the game types that a user can join, and how many of that game type they have already joined.
    Added game type to the game general information tab.
    Added three new game types - Beginner, Regular and Premium. All games now fall into one of these types, and the type determines who can join, which should reduce deadbeats in games created by Regular Players and Premium Players.
    Major overhaul of the entire security model, so that user and account management is much better separated, and granting rights and roles to users is done in a more delinieated and precise manner.

Required Features
    Added boundary classes for the following phpBB functions - constants, group user, private message, and user avatar.
    Added several new rights, allowing players to create up to 8 player games, 12 player games, and unlimited player games.
    Added contract to check if player can join certain game types.
    Added contract to check if player has game type available.
    Added a new class to determine user game limits and involvement.
    Added a new class to determine user game player limits.
    Added a role checking method to the User object.
    Added a new model to cover role constants.
    Added a new model to cover security clearance constants.
    Added a new model to cover unlockable achievement constants.
    Added a new model to cover phpBB group constants.
    Added game type to the game data object.
    Added is scoring flag to the game data object.
    Added several required URLs and stored proc names to the constants file.

e_i_pi

1.1.1 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:17 am

v1.1.1 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.1
Release Date: 20150315
A couple of small fixes that came out of PVT on the live site, and an error that occurred overnight.

Bug Fixes
    Added a missing class reference that had the potential to prevent private messages being sent on players completing their first game.
    Fixed a font size issue in the forums.

Code Rewrite
    Moved the Google Analytics script to the bottom of the head, and made the call asynchronous.

Enhancements
    Added further description to the Regular Player Achievement private message about the size of games the player can now create.

e_i_pi

1.1.2 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:04 pm

v1.1.2 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.2
Release Date: 20150315
Small bug fix

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an bug that meant one team only can win then game, when in fact multiple teams can achieve the win conditions at exactly the same time and share the points (q.f Game 699)

e_i_pi

1.1.3 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:24 pm

v1.1.3 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.3
Release Date: 20150316
Added sort order to the game browser so that the most relevant games for the user show at the top.

Enhancements
    Added sorting in to game browser search results. Beginners see Beginner games then Regular games. Regulars see Regular games then Beginner. Premium/VIP/Admin see Premium, then Regular, then Beginner (if they have access to them).

Required Features
    Augmented the GameType model with column names.

e_i_pi

1.1.4 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:36 pm

v1.1.4 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.4
Release Date: 20150321
Not much in the release. Added Game # to the game info panel, and also fixed up a long standing issue with the project log.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue with the LogHeader class, which was preventing the log header displaying on the project log.

Enhancements
    Added Game # to the game info panel.
    Optimised the game info panel a little by adding in several static elements on instantiation, rather than have them populate via Javascript on open.

Required Features
    Added a specific event handler for project logs, so that escape keypresses are handled gracefully.

e_i_pi

Re: 1.1.5 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:19 pm

v1.1.5 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.5
Release Date: 20150323
This release involves a major bug fix in the user profile page, another major bug fix to guest users, and a very nice enhancement for the Game Info box! :D

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue in the user profile page where it was possible to change other users' email preferences.
    Fixed an egregious bug where a guest user (i.e. someone not logged in) could not only join games but also play in them (woops!)

Code Rewrite
    Corrected a bad extension in the game info content.
    Corrected a bad extension in the recruiting popup.
    Removed all references to the now defunct game info popup.
    Removed a defunct CSS class setter in the project class.
    Removed a duplicate definition of the refreshGameInformation function.

Enhancements
    Added Game # to the game info panel.
    Optimised the game info panel a little by adding in several static elements on instantiation, rather than have them populate via Javascript on open.
    Added table sorting to the All Empires tab in Game Info.
    Added table sorting to the My Faction tab in Game Info.

Required Features
    Added images to display table sort order.
    Added in jQuery plugin TableSorter.
    Added in basic CSS styling for TableSorter.

e_i_pi

1.1.6 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:26 am

v1.1.6 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.6
Release Date: 20150327
A very quick release just to allow me to add premium to members manually, since I've had to process a payment outside of PayPal.

Enhancements
    Updated the PayPal confirm payment class to call the generic premium class.
    Added an admin function to assign premium manually.

e_i_pi

1.1.7 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:39 pm

v1.1.7 Patch Release
Version: 1.1.7
Release Date: 20150329
A quick release to fix a DOM element bug that exists across the site in several places.

Bug Fixes
    Removed all references to the now defunct DisplayArea DOM element and replaced them with the MatserPage_ViewPort element.

Return to “Releases”