1.0 Major Release

Releases that are made to the site by the administrators
e_i_pi

1.0 Major Release

Postby e_i_pi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:34 pm

v1.0.0 Major Release
Version: 1.0.0
Release Date: 20150212
The new major release targets a new layout for the site, with much improved aesthetics especially on the game page. There are also improvements to the load and cache creation times for the game data object, leading to less stress on the database and improved turnaround times on game actions. A number of bug fixes are also implemented in this release.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug that caused all freemium created games to have scaling turned off instead of turned on.
    Added casting to string for MasterPage menu elements, ensuring that XML weirdness doesn't mess with menu rendering.
    Fixed some bugs in the Javascript and CSS caching class in the framework, so that caches can now be saved to multiple locations, which will fix an issue that has been plaguing the shop page.
    Fixed a bug in the redrawGameSurface function so that empire icons now properly redraw in the centre of the territory placeholder.
    Changed the local config so that Javascript and CSS are cached properly.
    Added integer validation to the ID variable in the game page URL to fix a bug where backlinks to Art of War included non-integer game IDs.
    Fixed a bug that caused the createProject page to fail to render.
    Fixed a bug in the Assets game page button.
    Fixed a bug in the redraw function in Fog of War games

Code Rewrite
    Removed all references to PopupFooter in the popup widget.
    Removed the now defunct alignLoadingScreenAnimation function, as the loading screen auto-aligns with CSS.
    Added and fixed multiple styles in the ArtOfWar CSS file to improve layout.
    Added a last-child CSS directive to the jQueryUI ui-menu class for improved menu layout.
    Added a new attribute 'isHeaderDisplayed' to the Log class.
    Removed the late bound menu from the game screen as it is no longer required.
    Removed a defunct delete operation when changing Empires in the recruiting screen, as this is handled by triggers in the database.
    Updated the GameInformation panel to hook into the new GameData object properly.
    Updated the game functions to hook into the new GameData object properly.
    Changed the name of the cancel button on popups to be more semantically correct in the current context of popup design.
    Fixed all references to accept buttons in existing popup code across the site.
    Fixed all references to cancel buttons in existing popup code across the site.
    Removed the now defunct MasterPageOld namespace.
    Added redraw functions on starting your turn.
    Added redraw functions on refresh.
    Removed the master.php and masterOld.php pages.

Enhancements
    Added various game page assets to make the page look much nicer.
    Added various graphics to improve the look and feel of popups.
    Minor changes to the logWindow widget to improve the rendering.
    Forced the loading screen to turn off when an error occurs, preventing the interface from locking up on critical errors.
    Minor speed improvement in the AttackTerritory class.
    Changed the recruitment popup in recruiting games so that filled factions have an italic font.
    Added a friendly message when trying to join a game when you're not logged in.
    Added various information buttons to the game screen so that players can now see what round/phase it is, how much gold they have, and how many movement points.
    Added in expandable scrolls to the top and bottom of the game page, for game information and game log respectively.
    Added a MasterPage to the site, which improves the entire layout by ensuring that menus appear on every screen (before they appeared everywhere except forum screens, including the forums, login, sign up, terms of service and privacy policy).
    Changed the layout of the MasterPage menu so that it now renders part of the menu on the left, and part on the right, instead of taking up the whole top section and pushing them to the sides, which rendered the Art of War (home page link) logo unclickable.
    Massive improvements to the GameData model, which will drastically improve load times on all game screens and operations.
    Reworked the entire GameData object to include far more information, make it much more relational, and improve the overall access and use.
    Major improvements to the look and feel of the game screen, reclaiming a lot of screen real estate, and also putting a nice vignette around the map.
    Minor improvement to the SEO on the home page.
    Major improvement to the look and feel of popups across the site.
    Moved the How to Play, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy to a new "Help" menu category.
    Added in a support area so that Admins on the site can register issues and track them through proper IT processes and procedures.
    Added in turn start/paused/end buttons.

Required Features
    Added button icons for all of the game page buttons.
    Added a few new styles to the Circle314 CSS file to augment the framework.
    Added Red and GoldHighlight as base colours to the ArtOfWar CSS class.
    Reinstated logging of client errors to ensure that any game UI errors are picked up.
    Added a new database model for the Lookup_GamePlayerStatus table.
    Added a new EraData model, so that Era data can be cached, improving load times on the game screen.
    Added a new MapData model, so that Map data can be cached, improving load times on the game screen.
    Added a new ScenarioData model, so that Scenario data can be cached, improving load times on the game screen.
    Added various new constants to support the new features on the site.
    Hooked the forums into the new MasterPage.
    Hooked the shop into the new MasterPage.
    Hooked the top game bar into the existing GameInformation popup content.
    Added Status to the ThisPlayer node on the game data object.
    Hooked up start turn, end turn, and waiting for turn buttons, as well as conditional display of those buttons.
    Hooked the turn start/end buttons up to game workflow events.

e_i_pi

1.0.1 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 am

v1.0.1 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.1
Release Date: 20150215
Patch release to fix a small bug in the recruitment popup, as well as address some concerns about the new site layout.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug in the recruitment popup, now the popup activates the Faction tab that you have joined when it first loads.

Code Rewrite
    Removed the IsActionable tag from the recuitment popup.

Enhancements
    Increased the font size of the main menu and main menu items.
    Added login box to the home page.
    Improved the load times on Create Games by a small margin with a couple of database indexes.

e_i_pi

1.0.2 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 am

v1.0.2 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.2
Release Date: 20150216
Patch release to fix a couple of small bugs.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug in the game log where you could remove it by pressing the escape key.
    Moved the Create Game button up 10px on the create game screen, so that it isn't masked by the social media buttons.

e_i_pi

1.0.3 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 am

v1.0.3 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.3
Release Date: 20150217
Patch release to reinstate the Refresh button on the Game screen.

Code Rewrite
    Removed defunct LateBoundMenu reference from the game browser.
    Removed defunct LateBoundMenu reference from the game UI.

Required Features
    Added the Refresh button to the game screen.

e_i_pi

1.0.4 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:53 am

v1.0.4 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.4
Release Date: 20150219
Small bug fix to facilitate data changes being made in preparation for v1.1 Minor Release.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug in the RGBPicker tool

e_i_pi

Re: 1.0.5 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 pm

v1.0.5 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.5
Release Date: 20150219
Targeted indexes applied to the database to relieve stress on the DB server.

Enhancements
    Added an index to improve retrieving user rights, which gets called every time any action is taken on the site.
    Added an index to improve retrieving the game log, which gets called every time someone loads a game or takes an action in a game.

e_i_pi

Re: 1.0.6 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:24 pm

v1.0.6 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.6
Release Date: 20150222
Minor bug fix to allow pre-implementation tasks to be completed in preparation of v1.1 Minor Release.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue in the Role Rights Maintenance screen where you could only save the settings once, then you had to reload the screen to enable saving again.

e_i_pi

Re: 1.0.7 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:13 pm

v1.0.7 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.7
Release Date: 20150225
Minor bug fix to reduce false positive bounces on the site.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed the htaccess to consider non-www to www redirection as a 301 response.

e_i_pi

1.0.8 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:35 pm

v1.0.8 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.8
Release Date: 20150301
Layout fix for mobile devices, should render fine now on large mobile screens and tablets.

Enhancements
    Altered the meta viewport tag to render the site better on mobiles and tablets.

e_i_pi

1.0.9 Patch Release

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:37 pm

v1.0.9 Patch Release
Version: 1.0.9
Release Date: 20150309
Fixes to default values across the entire database, as well as a minor bug fix on the home page.

Bug Fixes
    Forced autofocus to the login on the home page, which should stop the focus loss issue experienced in Waterfox

Code Rewrite
    Removed a heap of unnecessary default values across database table columns

Return to “Releases”