New battle type suggested

Have a suggestion to improve the site? Post it here!
Sargon

New battle type suggested

Postby Sargon » Sun May 01, 2016 4:14 am

In playng a lot of new games with the new battle rules, I suggest that a new battle type be created: one where only infantry can attack only cavalry (and cavalry + infantry). Under the old rules, I believe this was an option, but it was removed under the current battle types.

I think that this should be brought back simply because there should be a way for only infantry to attack cavalry. However, this battle should never have the infantry outnumbering the cavalry, and the cavalry would still get a +1 to their roll. Therefore, it would be a 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 4, or 5 vs. 5 battle, and the cavalry would all get +1 to their roll.

At least this way, there is a bit of a fighting chance if there are three or four cavalry, which would be realistic.

In addition, this would at least give the Fatimid Caliphate a chance on expanding slightly quicker, since as it stands it is not possible for that empire to get it's current sub-zone on the first turn. The same logic applies to the Emirate of Sicily and the Kingdom of Sweden. With the addition of this battle type, two "problems" could be solved at once.

Sargon

Return to “Suggestions”