Purchasing movement points

Have a suggestion to improve the site? Post it here!
e_i_pi

Purchasing movement points

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:10 am

I would like to get some discussion going around this, see what everyone thinks.

A lot of the time in games with few movement points (e.g. 6 per round) someone has obviously won, but it takes them several rounds before they wipe all the other players out. Often this means they're deploying as many as 20-30 armies after they have used up all their movement points.

I think it would be good if you could purchase additional movement points at, say, 100 gold each. That way games have the potential of finishing faster when it's obviously a landslide.

stevendash

Re: Purchasing movement points

Postby stevendash » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Good idea, it will definitely speed up games.

Sargon

Re: Purchasing movement points

Postby Sargon » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Hmmm...

This could be very bad for players who have bad starts, especially if such a player has a next door neighbor with a fabulous start.

Game 1491 is a good example ... I have two enemies nearby and even though there are many movement points available, more movement acquired would have been very bad for me, and I could not affect the game like I just did. :mrgreen:

The movement points should be more expensive - at least 200 gold each. At this rate, if the game is over anyway, the dominating player will have acquired enough gold to spend it on movement points without any worries.

In addition, players are not obligated to join any games; if players join games with lower movement points, they should understand that the possibility of a lingering game is possible.

My two cents.

Sargon

Return to “Suggestions”