[AoWWb-50] Speed Games

Have a suggestion to improve the site? Post it here!
bartnlb

[AoWWb-50] Speed Games

Postby bartnlb » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:30 pm

it would be nice to be able to play live game online for a short period of time, like 10 minutes max waiting...

e_i_pi

Re: Fast interactive games

Postby e_i_pi » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Yeah it would, it'd be great, but I don't think we have enough players on at any one time at the moment. Adding 5 minute games will take a little bit of coding as well, for reasons that are hard to envisage for an outsider to coding. Firstly, I have to add code that pushes updates out to the client, so the screen automatically updates when a change happens in the game. I also have to delegate locking to a sibling database table (which is going in next release). Another consideration is how long should the game remain recruiting until it cancels automatically. Should there be an option for players to vote to turn it into a 24 hour game, if they have to leave for some reason. How should those votes be handled? At least one person voting for it, or at least 50%, or something else? Should there be a limit on the number of teams and players per team? A 40 player 5 minute game wouldn't fill, but a 2-4 player one might.

So, as you can see there are a lot of considerations that need to be made, it's not just a matter of switching on 5 minute games and crossing your fingers :)

Feel free to discuss these points and any other concerns or suggestions for speed games. They will go in some day, and when they do it will be good to have a string base of player consent and ideas before I start coding.

bartnlb

Re: Fast interactive games

Postby bartnlb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Thanks for your reply and the explanations :)

Greetings!

e_i_pi

Re: [AoWWb-50] Speed Games

Postby e_i_pi » Sat May 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Assigned issue # AoWWb-50

Return to “Suggestions”