leagues....

Have a suggestion to improve the site? Post it here!
ianutd

leagues....

Postby ianutd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:29 am

How about having different leagues/competitions special medals/flags for completing certain maps etc like playing your first game opens up new stuff that we can do. Special maps that some awards provide people with bonuses. :geek:
Winning wars costs lives, Winning war games is more important

e_i_pi

Re: leagues....

Postby e_i_pi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:27 pm

This is really a couple of different ideas, all of which are great, and all of which I intend to get in at some stage. If others would like to discuss what they'd like to see, then that will help me form up the relevant documentation to get this in. Feel free to advertise this thread to others to get some discussion generated.

ianutd

Postby ianutd » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Bump! thread :idea:

redsharkk

Postby redsharkk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:45 pm

I'm into this medals concept

ianutd

Postby ianutd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 am

Yeah, medals can be awarded and used to enter special competitions/maps or just for bragging rights.
It will be interesting to see what unlocks later when i've played/won or achieved x amount of points.

Whitebalance

Postby Whitebalance » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:30 pm

The only map that is really interesting to play atm is usually medieval. I would like to get more medieval stuff online.
Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.
W. L. George

CatLord

Postby CatLord » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:37 am

ianutd wrote:How about having different leagues/competitions special medals/flags for completing certain maps etc like playing your first game opens up new stuff that we can do. Special maps that some awards provide people with bonuses. :geek:

I also like the league idea (and you could get a medal for winning or top three). Have a max players. Then have players face off. Either has players randomly sorted into groups and face off (as 1v1, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1, etc) or throw everyone into a game together for a free for all. Then have the top ten, or top 50% or something move on to the next round. Etc. etc. until you are left with one player. Maybe have a scoreboard for leagues that shows if you've ever one won.

And more medieval map stuff would be cool. -- I also like the idea of making another faction version where you are allowed to choose anywhere on the map, not just limited to the "moors" "islam" "THT" etc.

:)
The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.-Anon.

ianutd

Postby ianutd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:53 am

In a lot of not too similar games players join alliances, we could join factions here and also have rankings for faction/alliances for more serious type players but still keep the individuality of games for fun
Good idea TheMightyAcorn i like mediielval :)

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:14 pm

I think this discussion is heading towards the idea of having clans, which I'm amenable to. But on top of that we could have something like "squads", where it is no more than say 8 players, and you can join multiple squads. Then you can have games where it's one sqaud against another, and have rankings for the squads. How does that sound?

redsharkk

Postby redsharkk » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:46 pm

Honestly, we have great ideas but I just feel we don't have the manpower.

Return to “Suggestions”