Svaredia - New map

Discussion on Map Projects for Art of War
lol_killer

Svaredia - New map

Postby lol_killer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:35 am

Greetings all, Im working in new map which is Svaredia and this is my first fantasy map so all suggestions are welcome.
First we will discuss to develope gameplay, when we are done with gameplay then we will discuss about graphic part.

There are 7 regions and 48 territories. As you can see there are 4 territories with darker colors, distance between them is 3 territories and none of them is in border with other regions. There i plan to have towers. Tower can give advantage to territory for example:
+1 Bonus for holding 1 tower
or +1 Bonus for holding 2 tower, +2 for 3 towers and +4 for holding all of them.
or Tower can attack all territories in same region. etc
Attachments
Svaredia-V1.jpg
Svaredia-V1.jpg (223.77 KiB) Viewed 2991 times

lol_killer

Re: Svaredia - New map

Postby lol_killer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 am

Here is final version of Svaredia map. So if you control territory with tower, it will give addition +1 Auto-deploy at beginning of players turn.

View map:

bartnlb

Postby bartnlb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:44 pm

what is auto deploy?

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:26 pm

There won't be autodeploy on the map, I've asked lol_killer to remove it, so don't worry about it.

The first Scenario for this map will have very big changes for the site in it, including new gameplay, new units, new game commands, and a new combat model. This won't affect other games, it will be a set of new features just for this map :)

bartnlb

Postby bartnlb » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:27 am

Ah ok :) i look forward to it :)

Sargon

Postby Sargon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:22 pm

I like it. :D

Sargon

nixie

Postby nixie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:33 am

What happened to this in the end?

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:48 am

I have a slightly newer version waiting to be added to the site, and for the combat I need to make changes to Troop projects, Era projects, and Scenarios projects. My plan for this is for it to be "strength" dice, kind of like Axis and Allies. In other words if, say, an Ogre has Attack Strength 4 and Defence Strength 3, then they need to roll a 1-4 when attacking to cause a casualty, and a 1-3 when defending to cause a casualty.

I'm right in the middle of a whole bunch of stuff at the moment. This map will come, there's bigger fish to fry right now. Good news is I'm able to dedicate a lot of time to the site right now, so changes should come in pretty quickly.

nixie

Postby nixie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 pm

:D cool, sounds good. Was worried it had fallen by the wayside.

e_i_pi

Postby e_i_pi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:02 am

Nope, there are two+ maps waiting to go in, Eurasia (which needs new Empires for Medieval Era), and Svaredia (which needs major coding, imagery, and a bunch of other stuff).

I say two+ because there is another map which is gigantic (I think 8000x6000px) and high resolution. It's of a ficitonal planet. I'm going to split that map into about 8-12 maps, each of a reasonable size. The setting will be near future, with mechs, resources, and some other things we currently don't have. Then, when all the maps are in, and when I've done the supporting code, AND when we have enough players (which we might do soon, since the site is top 10 in Google for pretty much every good search term, thanks GamesLikeZone!), then I'll introduce Campaigns. This will allow teams to battle across multiple maps, kind of like a mini tournament. That's a fair way off though, much more important stuff to do right now.

Return to “Maps”